LIBERTY WELLS COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Tracy Aviary Education Center
7:00 PM Welcome, Introductions and Announcements – Bill Davis, chair
- Call to order and quorum
- Review and approval of Aug. 9 and Sept. 13 minutes
Public Safety Reports
- Det. Andrew Pedersen, 801-799-3625 or CIUDistrict5@slcgov.com
- SLC Fire Department, Station 8
Main Program Items
Hawthorne Elementary School programs update
- Marian Broadhead, principal
Liberty Park multi-use pathway pilot program
- Lee Bollwinkel, SLC Parks and Public Lands associate director
- Troy Baker, SLC Parks and Public Lands maintenance program director
Warm Springs (840 North Beck St.) landmark site restoration proposal
- David Scheer, Capitol Hill Community Council and Warm Springs Alliance
City Council District 5 update
- Erin Mendenhall, 801-535-7786 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Standing and Officer Reports
Mayor’s Office – Nate Salazar / Nate.Salazar@slcgov.com
Chair’s Report – Kristie Christensen / email@example.com
Treasurer’s Report – Steve Hunt / firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety – Chris Herrman / email@example.com
Grants and Fundraising – Dewitt Smith / firstname.lastname@example.org
CERT – Meghan Buhler / email@example.com
Other reports as needed – Kristie Christensen
- Liberty Wells sponsors block parties. Sign up if you’re interested in hosting. See Kristie if you’re interested in helping with them.
- Liberty Elementary is hosting an open house and ribbon cutting ceremony for their new school building on Thursday, Nov. 2. Tours available 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. The ribbon cutting with Salt Lake City School District Superintendent Dr. Alexia Cunningham will be at 5:00 p.m.
- Liberty Elementary is hosting free yoga classes for the community Monday mornings 6:30-7:30 am and Wednesday evenings 6:15-7:15pm. Classes are free. Children who can be attentive to the instructor may attend with an adult. Zumba classes coming soon.
- Upcoming Events at the Liberty Park Market include the “Harvest Market: Preserving the Bounty” this Friday and the Chocolate Festival next Friday.
8:30 PM Adjourn – Please lend a hand with putting tables and chairs away.