Liberty Wells Boundaries
The Liberty Wells Community Council offers a format for community involvement, addressing crime prevention, developing neighborhood beautification and many other areas of concern and interest for residents and businesses.
Our boundaries are 900 South to 2100 South and from State Street to 700 East in Salt Lake City.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at the Tracy Aviary Education Center in Liberty Park. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Follow us on the Liberty Wells Community Council Facebook page.
Download pdf of 2019-0911-LWCC-Agenda
Liberty Wells Community Council – Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019
Tracy Aviary Education Center
7:00 PM Welcome and Announcements (5 min.) – Sara Adelman, chair
- Call to order and quorum.
- Notice that this meeting is being live-streamed and recorded.
- A recording of the August meeting may be found at: https://youtu.be/wp5FPtr-gxk
- Meeting ground rules.
- What non-agenda topics would you like to discuss tonight?
7:10 PM Liberty Park Market (10 min.)
- Liberty Park Market was founded in 2017 in an effort to build community, provide access to fresh local food, and bring more people into the park.
- If you’re passionate about the issues taking place in the park, consider signing up to volunteer for a market shift on Friday evenings from 4 pm to dusk in Liberty Park, now through Oct. 4.
- We are also looking for people to help us plan our 2020 market season. http://libertyparkmarket.com/volunteer/.
7:20 PM Fall Festival Block Party (10 min.)
- Liberty Well Community Council is very excited to announce our first Fall Festival Block Party.
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 5pm – 8pm
- We are seeking sponsors and volunteers to help run a game or activity.
- Visit our Facebook page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
7:30 PM Renovations to Historic Structures at Tracy Aviary and Botanical Garden (15 min.)
- Tracy Aviary is seeking community support for a funding request from Salt Lake City’s Capital Improvement Program.
- Matthew Utley, Tracy Aviary Director of Horticulture and Facilities, 801-596-8500
7:45 PM Mayor’s Office Update (15 min.)
8:00 PM Liberty Park Public Safety Meeting Report (30 min.)
- Report from Sept. 4 meeting (download PDF notes here)
- Want to get involved? Join us at the next LWCC safety and preparedness committee meeting.
- Concerns? Contact your SLCPD community intelligence unit officer: Det. David King, David.email@example.com or 801-799-3624
8:30 PM Open Agenda (15 min.)
8:45 PM Adjourn! Please lend a hand with putting tables and chairs away.