Liberty Wells Boundaries
The Liberty Wells Community Council offers a format for community involvement, addressing crime prevention, developing neighborhood beautification and many other areas of concern and interest for residents and businesses.
Our boundaries are 900 South to 2100 South and from State Street to 700 East in Salt Lake City.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at the Tracy Aviary Education Center in Liberty Park. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Follow us on the Liberty Wells Community Council Facebook page.
Download PDF Agenda
Liberty Wells Community Council – Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2018
Tracy Aviary Education Center
7:00 PM Welcome, Introductions and Announcements – Bill Davis and Sara Adelman
- Call to order and quorum
- Changes in LWCC board leadership and call for new board members
- Notice that this meeting is being live-streamed and recorded
- What topics would you like us to cover at future meetings? Provide your feedback online or with our printed surveys.
- A recording of the January meeting may be found here: https://youtu.be/t2cdOymGTVg
New LWCC Website – Johnnae Nardone
- We are working a new site to launch in June
- As part of this project, we are kicking off a community photo drive!
- In September, the community council voted to amend the bylaws to change the accounting year from a fiscal year (ending June 30) to a calendar year (ending December 31).
- Traditionally, board terms and the accounting year were the same. Since we moved the accounting year, they no longer correlate.
- The LWCC board proposes amending the bylaws (see page 13 here) to align the election year with the new accounting year, with the following transitional accommodations:
- All board positions will continue their current term until July 1, as previously stated in the bylaws. Elections for interim terms of six months will take place in June to finish the calendar year.
- The new election cycle will be effective in December 2019. The procedure for nominations and elections will remain the same.
- This proposal will be open for a vote at the next community council meeting on March 13.
Local Business Spotlight: Wasatch Cooperative Market
- Taylor Anderson, co-op member
- Contact the co-op at 385-355-5271 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Safety Reports
Main Program Items
Proposed Zoning Map Amendment at 416 East 900 South
- This parcel currently falls within two different zoning districts. The applicants wish to rezone it under one Community Business district for consistency purposes.
- Architect Merry Warner and property owner Kathia Dang
- Lauren Parisi, SLC Planning Division, 801-535-7226 or email@example.com
- Supporting documents include:
Mayor’s Office update
- “Red Tag” issued to Georgia Apartments at 2015 S 200 E
- Tim Cosgrove, 801-535-7238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council District 5 update
- Erin Mendenhall, Salt Lake City Council, 801-535-7786 or email@example.com
8:45 PM Adjourn!