Liberty Wells Boundaries
The Liberty Wells Community Council offers a format for community involvement, addressing crime prevention, developing neighborhood beautification and many other areas of concern and interest for residents and businesses.
Our boundaries are 900 South to 2100 South and from State Street to 700 East in Salt Lake City.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month at the Tracy Aviary Education Center in Liberty Park. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Follow us on the Liberty Wells Community Council Facebook page.
Liberty Wells Community Council – Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020
Tracy Aviary Education Center
7:00 PM Welcome and Announcements (5 min.) – Sara Adelman, chair
- Call to order and quorum.Notice that this meeting is being live-streamed and recorded.
- A recording of past meetings may be found on Facebook.
- Meeting ground rules.
- What non-agenda topics would you like to discuss tonight? The final 10 minutes of the meeting have been set aside for this purpose. Bring your ideas and concerns.
7:05 PM Local Business Spotlight (5 min.)
- Jen Gilroy of ELEVO Coffee – Wine – Bites
- New cafe located at 565 East 2100
- Southelevoslc.com or @elevo
7:15 PM District 5 police report (10 min.)
- Det. David King, David.firstname.lastname@example.org
7:25 PM SLC Frequent Transit Network request for feedback (10 min.)
- The first phase of Salt Lake City’s Frequent Transit Network (FTN) was launched in August 2019, starting with increased service on 900 S and 2100 S. The city is seeking feedback on improving transit in the community and branding the new FTN.
- Lara McLellan Handwerker, Salt Lake City transportation planner, email@example.com
- Take the survey here: http://bit.ly/slcFTNSurvey
7:35 PM 1224 South 400 East Zoning Map Amendment (30 min.)
An application has been submitted to rezone the southwest corner of 400 East and Edith Avenue (the old Grocery Store).
- Read the application materials here: http://www.lwccslc.org/wp-content/022020_1224_S_400_E_ZoningAmendment.pdf
- Existing zoning and proposed zoning comparison: http://www.lwccslc.org/wp-content/ZoningComparisonTable.pdf
- Krissy Gilmore, planner, Salt Lake City Planning Division, 801-535-7780, Kristina.Gilmore@slcgov.com
8:05 PM Mayor’s Office Update (10 min.)
- Tim Cosgrove, 801-538-7238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8:15 PM City Council Update (15 min.)
- Darin Mano, District 5, email@example.com, 385-499-0923
8:30 PM Open Agenda
8:45 PM Adjourn! Please lend a hand with putting tables and chairs away.